Monday, May 20, 2013

Motivational Monday - Recipes and New Menu

Well last weeks menu didn't go exactly how I had planned. I did cook a few things off of the menu I told you about, but the rest of the week we kept having surprises. We either were at someone Else's house for dinner, or I was feeling so sick from the Metformin that I didn't want to cook and Eric would just get me a salad. So I don't have as much to report as I should have, but I think for the most part last week went pretty well!
My favorite meal I did cook last week was the Red Chicken Curry with Quinoa

it's has lots of yummy veggies and a rich coconut flavor! Mhmh one of my favorites!
For this weeks menu I'm going super simple. I had huge plans of trying all these new recipes I have been collecting, but I ran out of time to plan the menu. Eric offered to go grocery shopping for me today while I'm at work, so I had to jump on that offer and just throw a menu together real quick. I'm doing a lot of repeats and ones I know we already have some stuff for at home.
Monday
Lime steak tacos - This is an Eric meal. He said he really wanted to cook dinner for me so I'm excited to try these out and see what they are like
Tuesday
Grilled Salmon with mushrooms, onions and zucchini
Wednesday
Spaghetti Squash with turkey meatballs
Thursday
Brushetta Chicken with yellow squash and fruit salad
Friday
Taco Bake
Saturday
Flat whole wheat bread pizzas with a spinach salad
Sunday
Oven Roasted Chicken with Asparagus and Twice Baked Cauliflower
 
 
For breakfasts I have smoothies with flax seed, chia seed pudding, fruit and yogurt, and egg white, tomato and spinach scramble on the menu.
 
 
I have a turkey tenderloin that I need to use, so I plan on cooking that up tonight and using that for salads and sandwiches for lunches this week.
 
 
My favorite planned snacks for this week are celery with almond butter, baby carrots with happy cow cheese spread, and sugar snap peas and these protein balls that I found off of pinterest.
One of the tips is to pop one of these in the morning to help you wake up and have the energy to get to the gym!
No-Bake Energy Bites 1 cup (dry) oatmeal 1/2 cup chocolate chips 1/2 cup peanut butter 1/2 cup ground flax seed 1/3 cup honey 1 tsp. vanilla (don't pop these like crazy though, these are only for energy and protein, they are not exactly a low calorie snack)
For next week I plan on doing a really interesting menu! I have some great ones I'm getting out of the book I'm reading and I'm trying to find a good PCOS recipe book to order, I just haven't found the right one yet! I really want to challenge myself next week to try all new things, ha ha wish me luck and I'll update you with the awesome menu next week!
Exercise wise I'm still hitting the gym and I think I'm doing pretty well at going, but I always end up only going 4 times usually or 5 times if I'm lucky! My goal for this week is to try and go every day except Sunday and keep that up! I want to try and push my cardio harder and longer and to make more time for abs and weight training. What I'm going to try this week is 2 a day workouts. My issue with working out in the morning is that I really only have time for my cardio and then I have to get ready for work. So on these weeks where I don't have a lot going on and I have the time, I'm going to go twice a day. I'm going to get my cardio done in the mornings and go back after work to do abs and weights. Or if I don't go back to the gym I have my set up to do at least 20-30 minutes of that at home. This may sound extreme, but I really want to see change and I really want to challenge myself. I probably won't meet all these goals, but we set goals to have something to work towards and aspire to, so that is what I'm going to do. With my PCOS I have to work twice as hard as the average person to lose half the amount of weight they would! That means more determination and more effort! It sucks, but I'm sick of the plateau I'm at and I really want to start seeing change.
I have been researching a lot on pinterest of new and different exercises I can do to shake things up ad keep it interesting. One thing I haven't tried that I'm looking into is cross fit/p90x/insanity stuff. I have heard it's really awesome, and the nice thing is they are shorter than my 45-60 minute cardio sessions. But I'm not sure if that is something I should wait and do when I'm more ready to trim and tone! Oh well I'll keep you posted on my experience and what I learn.
My final goal to focus on this week is my water. I have been pretty good, but not excellent. I definitely need more especially in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment