Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Don't be afraid of the dark.

So we all had different fears when we were kids, but mine was the dark. I remember being SO afraid of the dark. Every night I had to sleep with the door open and the hall light on. I know you remember this Jules haha (it was a constant battle every night, door open, door closed, door open so on). I use to have to sleep with my head covered by the blankets, it was really ridiculous. Well I remember to this day the night I was afraid anymore. I vividly remember laying there and going oh okay I'm not afraid anymore. Well I really thought I was over this until I did all this moving! I know I know I'm lame, we're "adults", we're "mature" we are not suppose to be afraid of this stupid stuff anymore! I guess its more that it takes me a long time to get use to sleeping in a new place, and moving to 3 different places within 8 months has really screwed up my sleeping schedule. Or maybe it's more that last night I was lying in bed for 4 hours not being able to sleep, and that gives you a lot of time to think about things! I'm really lame though, just a 20 second preview of that new scary movie "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" freaked me out!


Ha ha I guess there are certain things you never really get over!


So after about 3 hours of sleep I got up to cook Eric breakfast. I had intended on making him a special breakfast for his first day of work....and I um kept sleeping haha. So I made him a special second day of work breakfast! I made strawberry banana crepes, with scrabbled eggs, and bacon.



Yum :)! I'm finding it's a lot harder to cook in this kitchen though! Coming from a huge kitchen to like 2 feet of counter space is a wee bit difficult. Ha Ha I also had to learn that a lot of my pans are too big for the oven....lets just say I learned that the hard way.



So here is my project o day. In our old apartment our bathroom was an olive green and a dark purple. We had over the toilet storage where I put these baskets in because we had like 0 storage in that bathroom. Well we moved here and now we have two bathrooms. So I decided to make one our master bathroom and I made it red and black so it matches our bedroom, and made the other bathroom the old colors. Well I was trying to put all our bathroom stuff away and we had no where to put it all. I looked at a lot of stores for similar baskets, but I just couldn't find exactly what I wanted and anything I did find was like $30 and I didn't want to spend that much. So I was thinking we have these baskets in the other bathroom that we are not really using, so I'm going to spray paint them black to match, put them in our bathroom, and bam problem solved!

Before


During
It's not quite finished, I ran out of the spray paint we had, so I'll have to go get some more.


I'll post pictures later of the finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment