Thursday, August 1, 2013

Throw Back Thursday - Houston

In my attempts to catch up I realized how many things I missed, and I'm going through my phone and seeing all the wonderful photos I have captured the last month or two that are worth sharing.  
 
Several weeks ago my sister hit a pretty bad low in this Cancer trial and I just couldn’t stand not being there to help.  Due to some amazing people organizing it I was able to get on a plane THAT NIGHT and head to Houston to be with her.  So many people helped orchestrate it, especially my Aunt and I’m so grateful.  My wonderful work let me go, my amazing husband packed for me and so many people helped fund the trip and it meant so much to me.  I’m so glad I got to be with my sister for the weekend and spend time with her.  It was actually an awesome experience because her husband and kids were gone most of the days.  Now don’t get me wrong I love my nephews and brother in law, but I don’t remember the last time I had several days of alone/girl time with just my sister, and it was AWESOME!  It’s so amazing to see her getting better now and bouncing back from such a low, and I’m so glad I was able to come and help out at the time and hopefully help her get some of her energy back.

My nephews were there the first day I was and it was so fun to play with them in the back yard.  My favorite was coming out and seeing them turn a box into a swimming pool!  I love these boys so much, and am grateful to live in Texas so that we get to see them more often!











We also couldn’t break tradition of getting lots done when this duo gets together.  Even with Mel being so sick, it wasn’t going to stop us!  In one day I got the entire garage done.  I built some new shelves and re-organized the bins!  I would say it’s looking pretty darn good too.  We also got some curtains hung!  Mel and I are an awesome team, and I love how productive we are when we are together!  

Before
 
After
 

No comments:

Post a Comment