Thursday, August 1, 2013

Throw Back Thursday - 4th of July Weekend

So if you couldn’t tell by me only posting 4 times in July, I’m a little bit behind.  Even though I’m a bit late, we still had a fabulous 4th of July holiday.  Our friends Amber and Brent invited us over for a BBQ with a few other people from the ward/stake.  I made a pasta salad and a trifle. 




  I was pretty proud of the trifle if I do say so myself.   Its made with sugar free angel food cake, sugar free pudding, fat free whip cream, fat free cream cheese, and fruit.  It was nice to be able to eat a dessert and get the sweetness without going completely off my diet.  It was so much fun to chat with some new people and meet some other members around Midland.  We had some delicious food, fun chats and Amber even had a fun painting activity for the kids……or maybe I participated too?  Heck who says it was just for kids!  We got to see a few fireworks from a distance, so we were able to cross that off our check list.  The hubs and I went home and spent the rest of the night relaxing with some Alias!  Yah that’s right we're awesome I know!



The next day we were house sitting for my Aunt and Uncle and they said we could use their pool.  Well with how hot it has been of course we jumped on that opportunity.  Amber, Brent and their daughter Miki came over for some yummy kabobs and swimming.  




 We brought our new NINJA blender and had some fun making “mock-tails” with dinner.   
 


The pool was still a little cold because of how windy it ended up being, so we had more fun chilling in the hot tub! 


 It was still nice to get some sun on these pasty whites. 

  Even though we were missing family, we still had a wonderful 4th of July weekend, and loved being able to spend time with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment