Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Motivational Monday

Can I just say last week.....EPIC FAILURE!  Man am I broken?  I don't know what my deal is but I just can't ever come here and report a good week.  I guess I need to focus on the positives of last week and move one.  My diet wasn't the best, but I did reach my goal of making it to the gym at least 5 times last week....so that's one good thing right?  I did have a few small victories that help me to continue, but over all, I didn't stick with my diet as well as I had  hoped.  Last week was an extremely bad week for me health and emotions wise so that didn't help the situation.  When you throw up everything you eat and feel so tired like your are going to pass out all day long it makes it really hard to have the motivation to cook dinner.  Plus I'm an emotional eater, and I had a lot going on with no outlet and unfortunately let that take over.  I let that get the best of me and we ended up eating out a few times... :( oh well!  This is one thing that lets me know this time is different.  I have tried diet after diet, and the reason they never worked is because I can do them really well for a few weeks and then I have a few bad days and then I would give up and go right into old habits.  Well this time is different and that's encouraging.  I still have days or weekends where I cheat or get off track, but then I know the very next day is all new and a perfect day to start again.  That's the great thing about this being a life style change and a long term goal.  I'm not trying to just get down to a certain weight and wham bam thank you ma'am.  I'm trying to be healthy and minimize side effects, that helps me to continue to do this and continue to watch what I eat.  It will be something that I will have to do the rest of my life, so I know that when I have bad days, it's just one bad day and it doesn't mean it's all over.
 
So I don't have any meals to report because the few I did cook, I forgot to take pictures of.  But here is the menu for this week.
 
Monday
Tacos
I promised Eric we could do Simons tacos because they are one of his favorites and a family tradition.  He hasn't  had them since Christmas and really wanted them.  I will just make him up all the fixings and then I'll make a taco salad.
 
Tuesday
Mango salsa salmon with roasted asparagus and cherry tomatoes.
 
Wednesday
Spaghetti squash and zucchini pie.
 
Thursday
Turkey Meatballs in Spicy Marinara Sauce with Summer Squash
 
Friday
Date Night
 
Saturday
Balsamic steak and veggie rolls.  :) I'm super excited to make this one and can't wait to share the recipe with y'all.
 
Sunday
Cilantro lime chicken breast with a sweet potato and onion bake.
 
 
Well there you have it and I'm determined to stick to the menu this week, so hopefully next week I'm here with lots of recipes and photos and a good report! 
 
Goals for this week : 
 
*Lots of Water
*Eat breakfast everyday
*Get to gym at least 5 days
*No white carbs or sugars
 
 
I'm going to finish out June with the pretty good stuff I have been doing, but I'm starting a challenge in July.  I have my follow up doctors appointment on July 12th and we are going to Utah on July 19th.  So I figured I have been cheating enough that I can be strict for a few weeks and survive.  I really haven't been seeing the results I want and even though I have cut out a lot, made a ton of change, and am doing a lot of good things, there are a few more choices I can make to really push this weight loss over the edge hopefully.
 
Okay so here is what I'm going to try and do for July's challenge.  My main goal is to see a lot of weight loss so my doctor doesn't give me a hard time, and I would like to be feeling good and looking good when we go back to Utah and see people we haven't seen in a long time.
 
So even though I have been good and been drinking a lot of water, I still cheat and have those sips of soda every once and a while when Eric has it and temps me and sometimes I  have juice as well.  So for July and hopefully longer I will be doing NO SODA what so ever and only be drinking water for my beverages.  Well and almond milk with my smoothies and breakfast shakes will be allowed.
 
As I have struggled with seeing the weight drop I have stepped back and analyzed everything I am doing.  I got to a point where I literally could not think of one more thing I could cut out.....and then I realized cheese.  I LOVE cheese, seriously it is one of my true loves, and though I did cut down and try low fat or fat free, I have still been keeping a lot of cheese in my diet.  This is not something I can do permanently and I know that.  Unless you want to pay for therapy I could never give up cheese all together and be able to not go crazy.  But for this 31 day challenge I want to try and have zero cheese, and just see if it makes a big difference at all.
 
No processed white flour or white sugar.  This basically means for the most part I am really only eating my carbs and sugars from fruits and veggies.  No more cheats on weekends, I want to see what a difference it makes to have 31 straight days of no breads, baked goods, sugars, or anything like that.  Here is  hoping I can do it. 
 
Work out 6 times a week.  I'm going to be realistic and say this might not happen, but since I only have a few weeks I need to do everything I can, and hitting the gym Monday - Saturday would hopefully help me get there.
 
My biggest goal will be to simplify.  If I try to get too creative or complex I end up adding more calories to my meals.   I need to simplify shopping trips, because if I only have good stuff in the house, I will only eat good stuff.  Simply meal planning, because as much as I love to cook, if I have something super easy and quick to prepare, I will still do it even on the busy or tired days.  Simplify my schedule so I have time to be at the gym and be home cooking and getting things done.  This hopefully will eliminate some of my excuses to just go out and grab dinner.  Lastly simplify my workouts.  Don't get me wrong, I really do need some complex workouts and I need to be switching up my routines to see more drastic results, but if looking at the complex workouts sometimes discourage me from even going to the gym, then they are no worth it.  I would rather be doing my same old boring cardio for 45 minutes everyday, then hitting the gym 2 or 3 times a week because I talk myself out of it.  So the main word I will repeat over and over during July will be SIMPLIFY.
 
So wish me luck....and say prayers.... lots and lots of prayers lol.  Or if you are ever talking to me give me some encouragement or reminders, I will need all the help I can get!  I'll be sure to keep you update throughout July!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I just want to say how much I love reading your blog, especially since I never see you! And I just love you and miss you! When you come up to Utah, if you have a second to spare, could we try and grab lunch one day?? I would really love to see you, even if its just for a minute. Well I love you and hopefully I'll see you this time when you come up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and my mouth waters whenever I see all the awesome food you post. :)

    ReplyDelete