Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Motivational Monday - Meals and New Menu

I'm giving myself a thumbs up for last week, because I feel like I did pretty good! I hit my 60 minutes of cardio everyday plus some, well at least the days I was at home I did!  Then my eating was really good as well!  Before we left for the weekend I weighed in and was down 2.3 more pounds!  It was hard to control my diet over the weekend, but I made some really good choices.  My exercising wasn't as good since I was out of town, so this morning when I weighed in I was up, but oh well, I just have to keep starting new everyday!
 
  I found a new system at the gym that I really like.  They have a 30 minute circuit at the gym that has you alternate between a weight machine and a stepper.  I love this because I can do my cardio first, and then head to the 30 minute workout and I can get all my weight lifting done, plus some more cardio.  It simplifies it too, because I can do a little bit of weights on all the areas in a time frame that is reasonable for me! 
 
Last weeks menu went pretty well, but as usual had some changes, but it was short week anyways.
 
Tuesday
Roasted chicken with steamed asparagus and twice baked cauliflower.
You boil the cauliflower first, then when it's tender drain it and put it in a baking dish.  I mixed in Greek yogurt, chopped up green onion, seasoning and a little bit of Parmesan cheese.  Then I topped it with a little bit of fat free cheddar cheese and bacon.  Then bake until it's crispy and cheese is melted!
 
Wednesday
I was going to do the taco bake, but got home late from the gym and wanted something a little quicker.  Instead I made Eric some tacos, and I did a taco salad.

I just prepared all the fixings, and Eric could put it on a tortilla, and I just put it over lettuce.
 
Thursday
We were trying to get everything done and put together before we left for Austin, so Thursday ended up being another quick meal and just throwing together a salad.
 

 
 
After that, the rest of the meals were either on the road, at a wedding, or someone else house.  I still tried to make really good choices with what I had.
 
Here is what I have planned for this weeks menu, I'm trying a few new things, so I'm excited to see how they turn out.
 
Tuesday
Grilled Chicken Ratatouille
 I planned this because I like using summer veggies and the grill this time of year, and also because I blew a lot of calories at lunch today, so I'm looking for a lighter dinner to save on calories.
 
Wednesday
“Creamy” Crock pot chicken and tomato soup
recipe found here
This actually will qualify two of my goals for this week.  Since lately with switching medication and an irregular schedule and some other t hings that have been going on,  the exhaustion from PCOS has been hitting me pretty hard.  Because of this it has been hard to get up in the morning, and I have been working out after work.  With this switch I have been getting home a lot later.  So for this week I wanted to do a crock pot meal that I can throw together in the morning, and it is ready when I get home.  I also wanted to do a soup, because then I can package it and have it for lunches the rest of the week.   This recipe is nice because it kills both those goals with one stone!
 
Thursday
Spaghetti squash bake
 This is one that I keep putting on the menu, and keep not making.  So this week I am DETERMINED to try it and see what it's like.
 
Friday
We have some new friends coming over for game night, so I'm going to cook dinner for them.  I haven't decided exactly what I will do, but I think I'm going to do what's called "Man Pleasing Chicken" and then my grilled corn and avocado salad.  I might change that up a bit, and will be doing more, but I'm still deciding
 
Saturday
Grilled salmon with cherry tomatoes and asparagus
Sunday
 Oven roasted chicken with salad and red potatoes
 
Goals for this week include drinking two of these a day.
 
  I have already done one today and will hopefully be able to finish the other one with the gym and through the night. 
 
 
Another goal is to try and stick to the menu as closely as possible.  I'm not very good at getting them all done through the week, and this week I really want to try and do everything and report it next week.
 
I plan on keeping with the 45-60 minutes of cardio and then doing the 30 minute circuit.  Right now I'm not so worried about gym time or when I'm going, my only goal for this week is to get to the gym EVERYDAY!
 
The last goal I want to try for this week is meal prep and and packaging early.  I want to go ahead and pre-package some snacks at some meals so that the serving size and calories is already set.  I think this will help me to keep goals through out the day, eat smaller meals every few hours, and keep portion size under control. This way I also will have healthy snacks already to go, so when I have a craving I grab something smart!
 
Wish me luck and I'll report back next week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment