Saturday, April 28, 2012

It's Dinner Time!

Okay so I have been a bit behind lately, but it's mainly because I lost my camera charger and haven't been able to get the pictures on here, but now I'm making up for lost time.  Here are a bunch of the meals I have tried the last few weeks.  Let me know if anyone wants any recipes.  I'm not very good at doing recipes, I mainly just throw things in by taste, but I'm happy to share what I did if any one thinks they look tasty.

Here I made a creaming pesto sauce with grilled chicken on bowtie past.  YUMMM!  I loved the sauce it turned out really great!



 Here we were really in the mood for some salmon, but at the store just small fillets for 2 was just as expensive as this entire fish!  Crazy right? So naturally we had to get the whole fish!  What a bargain! 

So we were going for a teppanyaki feel and did some grilled mushrooms, onion, and zucchini.




Finished them off with some terriyaki sauce and some sesame seeds and it was delish!


Grilled us up some salmon on our loving new grill.  Added some sauce, lemon juice and sesame seeds.  Then topped with some lemon slices and cilantro.




It was sooooo good!  The salmon was amazing! And we had ton left over for another fun meal :)


 So for our Easter dinner Eric and I were pretty home sick so we decided to bring home to us.  We both picked a family favorite and cooked it for each other.  He choose to do his moms cheesy potatoes, and I did my dads stuffed mushrooms!  They were both amazing and really reminded us of home.  Certainly brought warmth to our hearts and rolls to our bellies :S that part wasn't so good haha but ohwell.










Then I paired them with a salad and a pork roast.  I don't remember everything I threw in there, but the concoction I put in the crock pot with the roast was AMAZING. 

It was so tender it pretty much just fell apart on its own!



So we still had some of that salmon left, and I wanted to use it while it was still fresh.  I wanted to do something new with it, but Eric loved the terriyaki stuff and wanted it again.  So I did it again with some moderation's.


 I made my own version of chow mien with some whole wheat noodles, carrots, onion, asparagus, and a few other things.  It was actually really good!  Eric is still getting use to the whole wheat noodle things, but he'll get there.


Here I made a ranch grilled chicken with thyme and Rosemary seasoning, and then with some smashed potatoes and oven roasted asparagus.


The smashed potatoes were really good.  You just boil them with the skin on like you're making mashed potatoes, but then you pull them out a little early, smash them down a bit and fry them until they are crispy on both sides.  Then drizzle the dressing over them.  Delish.

Last but not least I needed to share my official southern meal.  I thought being in Texas now it was only natural that we did a good ol southern fried chicken.  So I did my first ever fried chick, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes with white gravy (my first gravy ever!), and some rolls.

1 comment:

  1. So when can I hire you to come cook for my husband and me? ;)

    ReplyDelete