Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Womens Luncheon


My Grandma and Aunts church has a women’s luncheon every fall.  They have about 30 tables and all of them are decorated by women who volunteer.  It’s all a fall theme but you are free to interpret that how you feel.  They have an awesome brunch and then a guess speaker.  I was able to go last year and help my aunt with a few last minute decorating things.  She did two tables so I was happy to help.  We had just moved to Midland and I was looking for anything to pass the time.  I loved it so much that I was able to help again this year.  My aunt again had signed up for two tables and we picked a zebra theme and a peacock theme.  Ha Ha can you tell we like to be different?  It was fun to see all the tables.  They were all SOOO gorgeous and so different, its fun to see all the different personalities come to play.  The funniest part though was walking into a room of orange and browns and then right in the center are our tables.  There they were, our bright turquoise and purple table and a black, red and white table popping out for everyone to see.   It was great!  The speaker was the Author River Jordan who wrote the book “Praying for Strangers.”  She was really great and heard a lot of awesome things I can apply in my life.  Here are the tables that we did complete with table settings and favors that we made.  I was pretty happy with them.  The peacock table was my baby haha not really I just already love peacocks and those are my favorite colors, so I had the most fun putting that one together.  It was suppose to be the more elegant of the two.   The zebra one was the fun spunky table that we got to play with and make wild and crazy.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment