Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Utah Part Two

After the crazy first 24 hours I had in Utah all I really wanted to do was sleep, alas that did not happen. There were just too many people to see and fun things to do! Eric’s family was gone at this time working in California but we were able to spend the weekend with his little sister Amy and it was SOOO GOOD to see her! I loved having her all to ourselves!    Eric's Brother David and our sister in law Stephanie were in town too and we got to spend the evening with them and their adorable new baby girl.  I just love being an Aunt!  We put on a movie and I was pretty much out like a light.  Ha ha oh well my body was there soaking up family time.  Come Monday sadly we had to say goodbye to Amy and we dropped her off at EFY. So the events just kept on happening. Tuesday was McCall’s bachelorette party and Thursday was the wedding. From one thing to the next was pretty much the theme of this trip. The wedding was beautiful and I was so happy I got to go. McCall looked gorgeous and I’m just so happy for them! 


I mean come on look at those gorgeous girls!
 
 
Is she not the most gorgeous bride you have ever seen?


It's so weird to think we are both married now, and its fun to think back on some of our conversations just a few years ago.  Its funny to see how far we have come and how much has changed.  One thing I know for sure, is that I am so thankful for McCall and her friendship!  She has been there for me through so much and I don't know what I would do with out her in my life. 
Love my Cally!

 After the wedding there was no time to recover it was right on to the next event or what my sister and I like to call THE BEST BABY SHOWER EVA!! My sister Mel and her husband got in on Thursday while I was at the wedding! It was also my mom’s birthday! Late birthday shout out Mom holla, LOVE YOU! So Friday morning was spent finishing up projects and working on the food for Nicole’s baby shower. We did a Dr. Seuss theme and it turned out awesome if I do say so myself. I was thrilled when Mel was willing to help do it with me, it made my life so much easier and I love planning things with her because we are so similar. We decided to split up the responsibilities and I was over the decorations and invites and she did games and food. We helped each other out with the whole thing, but those were the main things we were in charge of. We had a lot of fun and it was so awesome to see all my sisters and sister in laws and have some girl time to just hang out with everyone. I didn't realize how much I had missed it and them. It makes me sad sometimes to think we are all in different places, but it also makes me happy to see how close we all are and how much fun we have when we do get the chance to get together! 

The sign said "From there to here from here to there baby things are everywhere."

Sign in table.  We had little snacks to the left, one game in the green basket, our favors, another game and the sign in book.  Mel got an "All About Me" Dr. Seuss book.  It was really cute and I think Nicole will enjoy being able to keep it but it being of use.  We did Hop on Pop-corn {caramel popcorn}, truffala seeds {skittles}, and one fish two fish red fish blue fish {goldfish crackers.}  One game we did was the star-belly sneetch game.  Everyone took a necklace with a star on it and if they said the word baby it got taken away from them.  We also did a Dr. Seuss name game where they had to match up the names of characters with what book they were from.  There was also an ABC game where you had to come up with a baby related item for each letter kind of like Scategories.  These were really fun filler games to play while we waited for people to come and while we ate. 

This is what we did for favors.  It says "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss.  We had a chocolate turtle inside for Yertle the Turtle and had a sign with a quote from the book that said "And the turtles, of course....all the turtles are free. As turtles and maybe all creatures should be."

We took a bunch of the plants from the institute and put them everywhere to create a jungle of Nool kind of feel.  We also made a bunch of banners from old pages from the books that we had hanging everywhere.

We did a display table at the back.  We had the diaper cake I made Nicole plus a bunch of Dr. Seuss books.

Gift table

Diaper cake I made. Nicole planned on having another shower which would be the big one, so for this smaller friend one we just did a book and diaper shower.  I got her Goodnight Moon and The Hungry Caterpillar.

We had another game set up called Diaper Thoughts.  We all got to write funny messages on diapers and then we packaged them back up and gave them to Matt and Nicole.  :) Hope they have fun changing Mia and reading all the funny things.
 
Food Tables

Drink table

Eating tables.  We wanted it to be unusual seating since everything Dr. Seuss is a little silly.  We didn't want everyone at seperate tables but we didn't want to be sitting family style so this is what we came up with!

We had water that was from Luke Lucks Lake and pink lemonade  - Pink Ink Yink Drink
 

These were yummy!

 

The yummy food table.  Green eggs and ham - Deviled eggs with green food coloring and ham sandwhiches.  We also had roast beef sandwhiches to go with the Grinch.  We then had grinich spinach (SOOOOO GOOOD) and stuffed mushrooms - Yot in Pot (One of Nicoles favorites) 
 
 

Desert Table
Beautiful Schlopp with a Cherry on Top {chocolate mousse with strawberries}

Who pudding - white chocolate mouse with strawberries parfaits and a piece of chocolate on top.

 
David Donald Doe's Donuts




Cake pops - Truffala Trees

 

Centerpiece for the table we made out of dollar tree sponges and craft fuzy balls with pipe cleaners.

Center of all the tables.

PARTAY!
 



Paisley having fun with the big girls!

Lacie having a little too much fun!

Nicole opening gifts

Diaper thoughts
 
A lot of us dressed up for the shower.  I was Amazing Mazie from Horton Hears a Who, Mel was the Lorax, and Nicole was a Star-belly Sneech.
 
 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment