Thursday, November 8, 2012

Liebster Award

I was tagged in a post for this by my friend Trisha and thought it might be fun to answer some questions for a change.
Rules:
Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
Answer the questions the nominator asked,
and create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
Go to their page and tell them.
No tag-backs.
11 Things about Me
1.      I can’t go more than 6 months without changing my hair color
2.     I crack my knuckles….like all the time
3.     I can’t begin to describe my obsession with Peanut Butter Captain Crunch.
4.     I thought I was a dog person……turns out I’m also a cat person and love my cat more than is probably healthy.
5.     I’m a hypochondriac but I hate going to the doctor. I pretty much think everything is wrong with me. Slight pain? Why yes it was just a heart attack. Oh a headache? No it is a brain tumor. But if something really is seriously wrong I’m in trouble because most the time I refuse to go to the doctor and say I’ll tough it out. It’s a problem.
6.    I could eat Zupas any day of the week. It’s a problem considering I live hundreds of miles away from the nearest one. I have withdrawals often.
7.     Going back to school terrifies me and I have an extreme fear of failure. But not going back to school and regretting it and feeling useless (not that people who didn’t go to school are useless, just knowing my personality I make myself feel that way) years down the road terrifies me more, so I will be going, eventually, hopefully, soon, maybe?
8.     I absolutely hate politics but am SO grateful for the people who can stand it. It is extremely important but I just hate it and it drives me nuts. So I’m so glad there are people out there who can stand to do it.
9.     I love the smell of fresh cut grass. Every time I walk outside and smell it I know it’s going to be a good day. And if it’s raining? That’s even better, fresh grass+ rain=happiness and a flood of memories that rush back and make me smile!
10.  I absolutely hated it when I was there and couldn’t wait to leave, but some days………I actually miss High school and want to go back. Can you believe it? Some days though only some days haha.
11.   I am currently obsessed with the show Greys Anatomy right now. I found it a few weeks ago on Netflix when I was sick and now I can’t get enough of it. I’m going through withdrawals now because I watched the last episode they had on Netflix last night……it’s a problem.
 
My Answers to Trisha's Questions
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
This is a hard one because there are SOOO many places. I’ll have to pick two, one that is tropical, and one that is not. So for a tropical place I’m dying to go to Fiji. Eric and I have talked a lot about it and have put it on our bucket list. My Mama and Papa Simons scuba dive and were scuba instructors. They have been to all sorts of places on different trips and have said that Fiji is one of their favorites. So our goal is to sometime get scuba certified,….one day maybe, and then go to Fiji! For my second place I would have to say Europe. I know I know I’m sure most girls say this, and I know it’s a little unspecified but it’s hard to pick one place. I mean I would love to go to Paris and see the Eiffel Tower and go to many other place in France, Italy pretty much see everything, London, Scotland, Ireland…..getting the picture? It would be super hard to pick one place. Haha so I guess dream trip would be to have endless amounts of money and to go all over Europe bahah yeah right.

Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because Eric and I moved away from most of our friends and family and I wanted to keep people informed if they wished. I mean only like 4 people read it, but hey those 4 people know what’s happening in my boring old life.

What do you enjoy doing on your weekends?
Not working. Hahah not that work sucks I just hate waking up and then sitting at a desk all day trying to stay awake. No it’s a problem actually because I always have such high hopes for weekends, and always intend on getting something cleaned or organized, but most the time it ends up just being me and Eric lounging together. We really love to go see movies if we go out and we really like being home bodies too! Monopoly and Skipo often take up hours of our weekend’s as well.

Who inspires you the most in your life?
Hm…that’s another hard one. My Mom, hands down. I mean I could name several other people as well but the first one that popped into my head was my Mother. I adore her. I have not always been very nice to her, and for that I'm sorry! But now I consider us closer than ever and I can tell her anything. She has always been there for me and is such an awesome example. She has been through so much and yet is so strong. I'm so proud that she is a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and because of her strength and steadfastness in the gospel I now get to have the riches of the gospel in my life!

What is your favorite post you've written?
Heck I don’t know. I’m not sure I love any of my posts. Hahah I kinda feel stupid every time I post, and a lot of times feel like I’m grasping at straws to write about something.

What is your favorite holiday, and why?
Halloween,…..or Christmas, it’s a tossup. I don't know why with Halloween. For some reason I have just always loved it. I loved dressing up, I love the decorating I just love it!. And Christmas is just awesome. I have such fond memories of Christmas and just warm feelings of being with family and thinking about Christ.

If you could re-live any moment in your past, what would it be?
Another hard one. My problem with this is I often can look at the past and get really happy and get really sad. I get sad for the moments I wish I could change, I get happy thinking of the good moments, and then I get sad again thinking about how I wish things were still like those good moments. For me I can’t say I would re-live or change anything because I wouldn’t want to change who I am or where I am in my life now. I can’t live a life with regrets you have to move on and learn from your decisions and know that everything happens for a reason. But if I had to pick one moment it would probably be my wedding day. I feel like I took it for granted. I was so stressed and flustered that I didn't take a breath. I was probably really mean to people and now don't remember much of it. I didn't even taste my cake for heaven’s sake. I would love to go back and relive that day and appreciate it more and not get so stressed over the small stuff. And also to have focused more on our time at the temple.

If you could choose any career, what would it be any why?
Party planner, event coordinator easy! Because I love it like seriously adore it. I love the brainstorming, the planning, the organizing, the setting up, I love it all. If I could get paid to plan parties and weddings all day I totally would!

If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be?
1. Be able to move back home and Eric and I still be able to find really awesome jobs, but we get to be with our family.
2. For Eric to graduate with His Mechanical Engineering degree with honors and find any job his heart desires.
3. To be able to be a party planner and have it be a successful career.
When you met your better half, was it love at first sight?
More like love after 3 days (Even though I refused to admit it at the time). At first I didn’t even remember who he was. We met at a LDSSA council thing really quick, but I met like 20 other guys as well and we all had about 5 minutes in total to spill random facts about each other. The next weekend I had a bunch of them add me on Facebook and Eric started chatting with me and got my number and we started texting for a few days. The WHOLE time I was thinking he was a different guy. I had paired him with different facts and a different meeting time. Haha so he asked me out and we planned a date. We went bowling and to dinner and had a lot of fun, but when he picked me up it was quite different than I had expected. Once we started talking and learning facts about each other I figured out when I had actually met him. The next day I was giddy with excitement and had the weirdest feeling. I didn’t really know what love was at the time but it had only been one date and for some reason I had this calm feeling in my heart and this idea in my head that he would be my husband. And about 8 months later he was. So love at first site? Eh m maybe, maybe by heart knew that but it took my head a few more months to come around and KNOW I loved him.
What is your biggest fear?
Hm….um probably the death of a loved one. I don’t really fear death for myself, but I do get scared thinking about losing people I love and being alone. Also exorcism movies. I use to LOVE scary movies, it was my thing, but then my sister convinced me to watch Exorcism of Emily Rose. Don’t get me wrong it really was a good movie, but I have had trouble with stuff about that ever since.
My Picks
I'm suppose to choose 11 peeps but the problem is like 3 people read my blog haha and I'm pretty sure only 1 has a blog or at least a blog they update so I'm only going to be able to pick a few.
1. Melodee Cooper Cooper Chronicles
2. Julianna Blake A Hermits Ranting Tantrums
3. Anna Simons Janes Stories
4. Lacie Boulter The Boulter Brood (hasn't updater her blog in like a year, so probably not happening)
5. Dianna Boulter The Boulter Bunch (hasn't updated in 2 years haha yeah....)
6. Leah Jones Leah's Latest Adventures ( Also hasn't blogged in a year)
7. McCall Cloward Musing and Losing ( Again has not blogged in a year)
8. LaNelle Simons South Carolina Simons
Okay can you tell I was grasping a bit to even find 8? Yeah I'm that awesome in the blogosphere
My Questions
1. What is your biggest pet peeve?
 
2. What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
 
3. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?
 
4. If you could live anywhere but where you live now where would you want to go and why?
 
5. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
 
6. If you could have dinner with anyone in the world living or dead who would it be?
 
7. What is your favorite TV show or movie and why?
 
8. What’s the #1 thing on your bucket list?
 
9. What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
 
10. If you could switch lives with someone else who would it be and why?
 
11. Who is your idol?
 
 
 
 

1 comment: