Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The First Big Gig

So several months ago I got the chance to do my first real paid gig…..okay well not really ha ha it was all thanks to my Aunt actually, and it was paid so hey I'm going with it!  She had a friend getting married who asked her to do the decorations and my Aunt asked for my help.  It was so fun though to kind of pretend to be all professional and get a taste of doing what I really love.  It was fun to get together and do meetings with the bride and be able to come up with ideas and design what we all wanted to do.  I also did all the flowers for the wedding too.  This was super exciting because I had done flowers here and there for dances and a few small things, but it was so awesome to get the chance to do flowers for an entire wedding.  This was her second marriage so she didn’t want anything too complicated; for the most part everything was pretty simple but still beautiful.  So it was the perfect place to start and get some experience.  Here are some of the pictures of what we did.  I can’t wait for another chance to do this on a more professional level.

All the flowers the bride wanted for her vision!

The wonderful mess I made turning my front room into a florist shop.


 
The Mothers corsage.
 

groomsman boutonnieres
 
Grooms boutonnieres
 
The bridesmaids bouquet

The brides bouquet

Red and white roses and hydrangeas

She wanted to incorporate crosses some how so I made them the pins for the ribbon on the stems.

An arrangement I made with the extra flowers.


She had the wedding at a little bistro, so in the front inside ares we had a few cocktail tables for mingling and had the rest of the reception out in an atrium area.

Front table for gifts and cards

The Champagne and cake tables




 



 


Grooms cake


Toss bouquet that I made out of fake flowers.


for the ceremony we added her mothers handkerchief to the bouquet

We had square and round tables alternating

Square tables had this as the centerpiece.



This is what the round tables had as centerpieces.

 
Anyways, I had a lot of fun doing it and it just reassured me that I really do love doing this stuff!






No comments:

Post a Comment