Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas Bells Will Ring

Okay guys I know I know, I suck at blogging.  Hopefully I can make a goal to be better this year!  Well lets get you up to date on the comings and goings of the last few weeks.  After my birthday, life just kept going as normal, but on triple speed.  It seemed like the next few weeks just flew by!  Eric and I were kept plenty busy with getting everything ready for Christmas and everything ready for us to leave!  But low and behold we got it all done!  Oh well everything except our Christmas cards....sorry everyone haha I'm a slacker.  So here is a virtual Christmas card for ya'll!


  We were so excited to get to go home for Christmas and see our families that we were chomping at the bit to get on our way.  The car was packed to the brim (Eric had to use those Tetris skills) but we got off without a hitch!  The drive was so much more pleasant in our cobalt rather then the truck, and without pulling a trailer!  We thought we were home free,  unfortunately New Mexico had a different plan for us! 

Once we hit Roswell we hit the storm.  We spent the next 4 hours driving 15mph and passing car after car slid off the side of the road.  We probably should have stopped many times, but we were determined to make it home!  My amazing Father kept us up to date on the storm....he was a little late on informing us of road closures though haha somehow we still managed to get on a closed road and drove on it all the way to Albuquerque!  Once we made it there we decided we needed to stop!  We got a hotel and just woke up early the next morning hoping to hit the road and still make it to Utah at a good time.  Well the storm didn't agree with our plans.  This is what we found when we woke up in the morning.


Every single stinking road was closed!  I'm not even joking!  Crazy right?  I knew one day Albuquerque would get me for good!  So we slept in for a few hours, and around 10 finally tried to head out.  After driving about and hour outside of Albuquerque we were stopped by some cops.  When they asked where we were headed we said Utah, and the cop just laughed!  He said everything going north and west was closed, and that we better just turn around!  Okay well you can imagine that I was freaking out!  All I wanted to do was get home to our families!  So we headed back and went to go see a movie.  Ha ha I mean I was going crazy just sitting there and waiting, so we had to do something!  We saw Mission Impossible.....well half of it!  My dad called half way through and said that I-40 was open, so we left the movie and got on the road.  Well long story short we finally made it to Utah....at midnight!  Not my favorite driving experience, but I come from the Boulter family how could I expect to have good luck with cars or traveling!  It runs in my blood I suppose! 

Well we were a little late, but we made it for the last part of the Simons sleep over haha!  We got to see Mama and Papa Simons new house up in Midway!  It is so nice and we loved it! It was so nice to see Michael and Anna, and Amy after so long!
Amy was excited to see us!

Mike looks so happy to see us haha!  And here is Annas sexy leg in her new animal print pjs we both got!  Too bad Eric missed getting a picture of her face!  Oh well haha.

 And luckily in the morning David and Stephanie got to join!
Ha ha I think they look the most excited to see us ;) Just kidding they were! We love every minute of getting to see them!

 It was nice that we could all be together for breakfast...well almost all of us!  We missed dad at work and the Simons in South Carolina, but they were there in our hearts! 

After breakfast we did a few sibling gifts, since it was one of the only times all the Simons kids got to be together!  After that we head to American Fork and saw the Boulter clan! 



Eric finally got his gun from dad, and we all went out shooting!   It was a lot of fun!  I even bruised my shoulder shooting dads shot gun at the old tv haha!  I wish I would have remember my camera more on the trip so I could have gotten more pictures with everyone!  But stupid old me left it in the car most the time :(!  Sorry guys!  Next time we all need to get more pictures with each other!

We ate Christmas Eve dinner with the Boulters, did sibling gifts, and then head back to the Simons to have a fun relaxing Christmas Eve catching up with the fam!

Christmas Day was a little chaotic, but what can you expect when juggling two families!  I wouldn't  have had it any other way though!  I would prefer being with family and have things be a bit crazy, rather then being alone and having it be boring.

We went to church with the Simons and then headed to American Fork.  Everyone opened the rest of their presents, we hung out for a bit, and then headed back to Midway!  A lot of driving I know haha but it was worth it!  We ate Christmas dinner at the Simons and hung out there the rest of the evening!

 All in all a pretty eventful Christmas wouldn't you say?  It was so nice to be home for the holidays!

1 comment: