Monday, October 24, 2011

Doing Some Pinteresting Things

Alright folks I'm an addict!  The first step is admitting you have a problem right?  Well I'm addicted to Pinterest!  I just love it!  I waste so much freaking time on there, but I have gotten some really cool ideas!  For those of you who know Pinterest, I know you understand my addiction!  Those of you who have not yet entered the world of Pinterest...don't!  Stay far away haha.

So sorry I have sucked at the whole blog updating thing!  It's that darn Pinterest haha it takes all my time!  So to update you all, I HAVE A JOB!  I'm sure most of you already know, but it hasn't made the blog so I guess it's not official right?  So I'm an accounting clerk at a company called Discovery Operating. I just finished 2 weeks there, well 2 weeks and 1 day!  My Auntie Deb gave them my resume, and then I was told to not really expect anything.  So I kept looking for a job elsewhere, and kept trying to call Midland college to see an update on my application.  Needless to say I just wasn't getting anywhere. Well one day while Jules was visiting, Discovery called me in for an interview.  I had no idea what the job would be, or what the company even was, but hey it was an interview and I was excited.  Well the interview went really well!  They were all super nice people, and it's a family owned company so I knew it would be a good work environment.  So the interview went pretty good, I had to take a test :S which wasn't the highlight of the interview, but I felt good about it and was just going to wait and see.  Well not even 2 hours later they called me back and offered me a job!  I was so excited!  Finally a job, but not just any job, a good job, with good pay, good people, and learning good skills.  So I told them to just let me talk with my husband about it and I would get back to them!  Well guess what happened next?  Midland College called!  WHAT THE FREAK! I waiting over a month for them, tried several times to contact them, and the minute I have another job they finally call me for an interview?  That's just crazy! But I guess the lord knew where I needed to be and made that happen! So obviously I took the job and started working asap.  I really like it!  I love the people I work with, and I'm learning a lot of valuable stuff!  I think that I'm catching on pretty quickly....I guess I don't really know, they might all just be too nice to tell me otherwise, but I do feel like I'm learning fast, and I haven't had that hard of a time getting into the swing of things!  Hopefully it continues to go well, and I can continue to succeed there!

So on a totally random note we went grocery shopping this week, and Walmart was having a sale on Cornish game hens, so we decided to get some.  Ha ha I was super excited to cook them, so we had them for Sunday dinner.  They actually turned out really good!  They were really fun to cook too!


So overall since I have been MIA from the blog world, the rest of life is going pretty good!  I have a job now, Eric's job has been going really well, and he starts his internship really soon, the apartment is working out really nice, we are getting use to Midland, Eric bought me flowers,

 

haha so life continues as normal but there are a few highlights as of late.


oh haha and we went halloween costume shopping.....we might have found a good costume for Eric!


No comments:

Post a Comment