Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanksgiving

So for Thanksgiving we went down to Austin with Aunti Deb and Grandma Sue.  We stayed with My Uncle Mike and Aunt Kelly!  It was so nice of them to welcome us into their home.  I love Austin, it's so nice to see apart of Texas that is green.  It was great to get out of west Texas for a bit and have a change of scenery!  We got there Wednesday night and just chilled and caught up! It was so nice to see them and my cousin Olivia, and Shannon who I have never really been able to spend much time with.  My Aunt Kelly is a chef, so lets just say we ate really well on Thanksgiving, probably...I mean positively too well.  We had ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, mac n cheese, Brussels sprouts, green bean casserole, fruit salad, and don't worry we filled up on appetizers like spinach dip way before we even sat down to the actual meal!  I was pretty much in a food coma the rest of the  night.  Don't worry it didn't stop me from eating her amazing pumpkin praline cheesecake


awwwwwww I'm drooling now as I think of it!  It was amazing!  She gave me the recipe so I am going to attempt to make it for Christmas....:S I'm sure I won't do it justice because it was just too Delicious!  On Friday we drove and met up with Uncle Mark, Aunt Terri, my Cousin Rachael, and her boyfriend Ryan.  It was so great to meet Ryan and get to see Rachael!  I haven't seen her in a long time and it's always so fun to meet up!  We went to the Renaissance fair in Magnolia Texas.  It was so much fun!  It was great to get out and actually do something out of the normal!  They had all shorts of shows, and stores with anything Renaissance you could think of!  I couldn't help but think of my sister Jules as I chowed down on my first turkey leg I have had since my last time to Disney Land.

Here is a juggling show we watched

 Here is the Jousting competition!

 Getting ready to watch the FIRE WHIP SHOW!

 Fire Whip guy!  He was AMAZING!

 Here is a comedic team doing the Mud Show!


Later that night we were able to drive towards Houston and meet up with Mel, Stephen, the boys, and Mom.  I always love seeing them as much as I can, but I do have to admit my favorite person to see was sweet baby Evan!  He is the new addition to the family and I just adore him!  Unfortunately he had been sick all week and was fussy, so I only got to hold him for a few minutes, but that was all I needed to fall in love!  Welcome to the world new nephew we love you!


Well we had an awesome trip and a great thanksgiving!  Thanks for everyone who was apart of making it an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment